Alexandra maintains a complex civil litigation practice with a focus on insurance matters. She regularly acts for plaintiffs and insurers in disputes involving coverage, subrogation, property loss, product liability and personal injury. As part of her commercial litigation practice, Alexandra has acted for both corporations and individuals with respect to partnership disputes, fraud matters, mortgage issues, contract claims and construction disputes.
Alexandra has appeared before Ontario’s Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court and the Court of Appeal, as well as various tribunals, including the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, the Licence Appeal Tribunal, the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal.
Alexandra has volunteered with the Medico-Legal Services Toronto Advocacy Project, interned at Defence for Children International in Freetown, Sierra Leone, and conducted an intensive research study with the Centre of Addition and Mental Health (CAMH).
- Kos-Con Inc. v. Kanada Glass and Window Inc. (2017) Divisional Court
- N.N. v. Economical Mutual Insurance Company (2017) Licence Appeal Tribunal
- Decision No. 1572/16R (2016) Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal
- Economical Mutual Insurance Company v. Caughy, (2016) Court of Appeal
- Wilson v. Scotia Mortgage Corporation and GCAN Insurance Company (2016) Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- Terranova v. Economical Mutual Insurance Company (2016) FSCO Appeal
- G. v. Khan (2012) Health Professions Appeal and Review Board
- “Automobile Accident Claims in Ontario: A Manual for U.S. Claims Examiners” (2016, 2017)
- Lexis Nexis Practice Advisor, Contributor
- “But for… Everyone Else (Not Me!), Lexis Nexis, Risk Management in Canadian Health Care
- “Insurer Ordered to Pay Plaintiffs’ Entire Legal Bill”, Law Times
- Member, Advocates’ Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar, 2014
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2013
- Bachelor of Sciences, University of Western Ontario, 2009